Friday, 2 June 2017

Review: Oriflame Sweden Pure Color Pressed Powder

Hi Everyone! Today I am here with another review for you all guys. I'm going to share my opinion and experience about Oriflame Pure Color Pressed Powder. I've already done a review about a few Oriflame products and there are many more to come.. So this pressed powder has only two shades available: Light (23208) and Light/Medium (23209). I ordered "Light" for myself as that seemed to match my skin tone in the Oriflame monthly catalogue.

Product Description: Touch yourself up with this ultra-fine powder and give yourself a light, natural complexion. Its lightweight foundation contains mineral zeolite to help smoothen the skin. Includes a mirror and powder puff within the product cap.

Claim (According to the Catalogue)
  1. Lasting impression!
  2. Perfect coverage for glamorous looks!
Ingredients: Talc, Kaolin, Zinc, Stearate, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77891, CI 77499.

Packaging: This pressed powder comes in a black basic cardboard box which has all the imortant details mentioned on it. The actual product comes in a black pan which has a black screw lid (twist and open types) and a puff inside. The lid is not attached to the pan unlike almost all compacts but has a good quality mirror in it.
Cost: Rs. 349 for 20 gm or 0.6 oz (The catalogue price was just for the month of May 2016)
Generally available around Rs. 200-250
Buy it here..


Pros of Oriflame Pure Color Pressed Powder:
1. Good fragrance
2. Nice quality mirror
3. Controls oil
Cons of Oriflame Pure Color Pressed Powder:
1. Chalky and dusty finish
2. Low quality puff inside
3. The pressed powder formula is somewhat very soft unlike how the compacts should actually be due to which it completely broke in a single go. I have dropped many compacts earlier but the worst that happened was just a crack.
4. The detachable lid is not something that I prefer
5. Even though the compact is light weight, I wouldn't prefer it while travelling as neither the lid is convenient nor the formula is good. It may break again.
6. Not many shades available
7. Contains paraben
8. Very minimal coverage
9. No sun protection factor

My Experience
A compact powder is basically meant for setting our base makeup in place giving it an even look without making the face excessively powdery. I must say this compact controls oil and helps setting base makeup in place but ends up looking patchy on the skin. It doesn't give a flawless finish at all. I am also unhappy with the coverage. It could definitely have a good coverage but fails to have so. I dropped this compact accidentally and it broke off completely. I thought I mishandled it but when I read the reviews on Amazon and other online shopping portals, I came to know that it was a problem most of the people faced. It is not at all travel friendly. Even though Oriflame keeps on having discounts, it is expensive for the result it has. 

Will I buy it again?
No. I would rather try other compacts. It doesn't do what it claims and I hate the fact that it is very fragile and prone to breakage. I am neither happy with the coverage nor with the finish of this product. We should atleast get a little spf in Rs. 329.

Is it affordable and worth the money?
No. Even though you can get it for as low as Rs. 150 online due to heavy discounts available, it is not worth the money we pay. A product is affordable only if it is able to serve the needs of the consumers. 

My Recommendation:
I would rather suggest you to explore other brands in same range or even under it such as Maybelline, Lakme, Colorbar, Hillary Rhoda etc.


My Ratings: 2/5

I hope you found this post useful. If yes, don't forget to share this post, comment on it and follow my blog. It would mean a lot to me.

Do not forget to like my Facebook page, follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin' and Roposo and ask me questions (even anonymously) on ask.fm!

www.roposo.com/@heartydiaries Roposo: @heartydiaries
www.twitter.com/heartydiaries Twitter: @heartydiaries

Reactions:

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I have used it too, and have a similar experience. The mirror on mine came of within a few days of purchase lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks a lot Shridevi :)
      I am really unhappy with the experience :'(
      Well haha! Thank God, my mirror is fine till now...

      Delete
  2. Ohh. I thought it was a good compact powder..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!! That's sad!! Thanks for sharing another great review...

    ReplyDelete

For those returning to my blog, welcome back, and for those new here… I'm glad you’re finally here!
Thanks for stepping by this blog, I appreciate your time!
Feel free to share your interests, post comments, give your feedbacks and suggestions, opinions and ideas..